Keto, paleo, plant based, gluten free, Weight Watchers, low fodmap, vegetarian, whole30! No matter what specialty diet you’re considering, an easy and delicious source of healthy fats and complete protein is closer than you think. What’s the mysterious superfood that adds powerful plant-based nutrition to your breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Hemp Hearts!
Hemp Hearts, the base of Manitoba Harvest’s hemp foods, are a nutritional powerhouse that couldn’t be easier to enjoy. With a subtle, nutty flavour and pleasant texture that complement almost any dish, sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salads, smoothies, soups, or avocado toast – or try them in baked goods and other recipes to add ten grams of complete protein (with all the essential amino acids) and twelve grams of omegas 3 and 6 with every serving. Hemp Hearts have even more protein per gram than chicken. It’s the perfect way to add a boost of plant powered nutrition to your daily routine!
Manitoba Harvest also offers Hemp Bliss, a perfect choice for anyone wanting a great-tasting, environmentally friendly, non-dairy beverage. Nutrient rich and smooth and creamy, Hemp Bliss is fortified to provide the same vitamins and minerals but is lower in sugar than traditional dairy milk (with no sugar in the Unsweetened Original flavour). Each serving offers four grams of Omegas and two grams of plant powered protein. Whether you’re enjoying it over granola, in your coffee or smoothie, or having a glass by itself, you can count on the nutritional power of hemp!
Ready to give Hemp Bliss a try? Whip up a batch of Golden Milk with this plant powered recipe.
- 4 cups Manitoba Harvest Hemp Bliss, Unsweetened Original or Original
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
In a two-quart saucepan whisk together milk, turmeric, coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, and black pepper until blended.
Cook and stir over medium heat until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Remove from heat. Taste and add additional maple syrup for desired sweetness.
To serve, pour golden milk into four cups and garnish with hemp hearts.
Tip: For a chilled version, omit the coconut oil. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until the maple syrup is dissolved. Pour over ice and garnish with hemp hearts.
Servings: 8 slices
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup Hemp Hearts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon all spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup dairy-free yogurt (we used almond)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl stir together dry ingredients (flour, Hemp Hearts, baking soda, baking powder, spices, salt) and make a well in the center.
- In the dry ingredients well, add wet ingredients (eggs, applesauce, sugar, oil, yogurt) then whisk wet ingredients first to combine then incorporate into the dry ingredients.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with ghee, butter or coconut butter.
Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, Manitoba Harvest strives to manufacture the highest quality hemp food products, to educate on the nutritional and environmental benefits of hemp, and to support sustainability in all that they do. When you choose Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods and Oils, you can be assured of quality and environmentally conscious business practices. They’re proud of what they do and want you to feel good about it, too!