10 Vegan Recipes That Are Perfect for Earth Month
Happy Earth Month! We’re all about trying to make greener choices this month, including toting reusable water bottles and mugs, packing litterless lunches, swapping out our cleaning, beauty, and personal care essentials for green versions, and just trying to decrease the impact that we have on the environment.
Since meat and dairy production produces a large amount of carbon emissions and uses large amounts of water and fossil fuels, incorporating more plant-based meals is also on our list – just swapping out one meal regularly is an easy way to reduce your footprint.
So this month, we’re challenging ourselves (and you!) to make one meal per week a meatless meal! Here are 10 awesome vegan recipes (tried and tested by some of our own resident veggie-lovers) to inspire you:
1. DIY Burrito Bowl by Oh She Glows
Filling, delicious, and WAY better for you than a fast food burrito bowl.
2. Incredible Vegan Sloppy Joes by Jamie Oliver
Made with lentils instead of ground beef, because everyone should be able to enjoy a good sloppy joe.
3. Spicy Vegan Peanut Butter Tofu by Kaylyn’s Kitchen
A tasty, healthy, more earth-friendly alternative to your go-to takeout.
4. Curry Cauliflower Quinoa Stew by Joyous Health
This super cozy, super easy one-pot meal makes for amazing leftovers.
5. Chickpea Salad Sammiches by The Post Punk Kitchen
Perfect for make-ahead lunches, or whenever you’re having a sandwich craving.
6. The Perfect Vegan Lasagna by Hot For Food
A crowd-pleasing vegan lasagna that will impress even the die hard meat lovers at the table.
7. Cold Soba Noodles with Miso Dressing by May I Have That Recipe
This dish comes together in a flash, and is just as delicious after being stored in the fridge overnight and eaten lunch the next day.
8. Slow Cooker Quinoa White Chilli with Roasted Poblanos by Oh My Veggies
What’s better than a cozy, comforting, healthy meal? One that’s all that, plus super easy to make in the slow cooker!
9. Olivia Wilde’s Bomb-Diggity “Bolognese” from Pop Sugar
It’s made with mushrooms and crumbled tempeh for a delicious sauce that’s perfect over your favourite pasta.
10. BBQ Cauliflower & Chickpea Tacos with a Creamy Lime Slaw by She Likes Food
Vegan taco night, anyone? These crowd pleasing tacos are sure to be a big hit.
Will you be accepting our Meatless Meal challenge and committing to one meatless meal this week? What recipe do you want to try most? Tell us in the comments!
Leave a Reply