Smoothie bowls are the ultimate way to enjoy antioxidant filled fruits and veggies, get your healthy fats from nuts and nut butters, stay fueled with protein powders, and so much more! Plus, they’re a beautiful way to brighten up that Instagram feed.
There’s two steps to the perfect smoothie bowl – a smoothie base and delicious toppings. Let’s start with the base!
All About That Base
Peanut Butter Chocolate
- 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 scoop of plant-based chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp (or more!) of natural peanut butter
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅔ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp of your favourite nut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Cauliflower Strawberry Banana
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of plant based milk
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop collagen powder
Top It Like It’s Hot
Now the fun part! Once you have your base it’s time to top it like it’s hot!
The Nut Butters
What are your favourite toppings for the most delicious and Instagramable smoothie bowls?
Kelly is the Marketing Coordinator at Well.ca. In her spare time she enjoys working out, baking cookies and discovering new healthy snacks!