The Most Delicious Adaptogenic (Vegan!) Hot Chocolate Recipe
This winter we’re staying cozy at home with all the loungewear, blankets, slippers, and of course: hot chocolate.
Given the stress we’re all experiencing, we wanted to take our hot chocolate to the next level with adaptogens. If you’ve never heard of adaptogens, they’re plants that help our bodies adapt to stress. They can be especially beneficial if you’re finding that getting lots of rest, eating nutrient dense meals, and your usual self-care rituals just aren’t cutting it. They’re like the cherry on top!
For this recipe, we chose reishi mushroom. It’s often regarded as the “Elixir of Immortality” and queen of medicinal mushrooms because it can increase our energy, help our bodies adapt to stress, and it may support healthy sleep, a strong immune system, and optimal liver function. In a tincture form, it’s easy to take on its own, add to your morning coffee, or as a dose of goodness for your nightly hot chocolate.
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- SweetMonk Liquid Monk Fruit to taste
- 1 dropper Rainbo Reishi Adaptogen Super-Mushroom
- Add the oat milk to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once warm, add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add the SweetMonk to taste and adjust to your liking.
- Pour into your favourite mug and add one dropper of the Rainbo Reishi Adaptogen tincture. Enjoy!
Are you adding this adaptogenic hot chocolate to your cozy rituals? Let us know below!
Leave a Reply