You’ve probably heard it before: breakfast is the important meal of the day. From jump-starting your metabolism for the day to helping you focus in the AM, a healthy breakfast can help you take on the day like the superhero you are!
But what constituents a “good” breakfast? Ideally, you’ll want to fill your body with healthy, nutritious food that will stay with you as you start your day. And in case you’re stuck for ideas, here are 5 that will help you start your day off right:
- Instant Hot Oatmeal & Jam: Oatmeal is definintely a hearty meal, but it doesn’t have to take all morning to make! An instant cup with or without fruit is a great way to eat something that will fill you up, and you can always top it with your favourite jam for some extra flavour. Try this unique Chia Spread for even more nutritional benefits.
- Granola & Almond Milk: One of my personal faves, some granola with a little non-dairy milk poured over it is so easy to make and delicious first thing in the morning. You can also swap the granola for organic cereal for a kid-friendly meal. And sprinkle a little powdered peanut butter over top to amp up the flavour!
- Pancakes & Seed Butters: This one is definitely more of a weekend treat, but when you make a gluten-free pancake mix and top those cakes with some seed butter, it can still be healthy!
- Amped-Up Smoothie: Start with one ripe, sliced banana, 10 ounces fresh or frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup coconut milk. Then add a tablespoon of hemp hearts and a tablespoon of nut butter to add a nutritional boost!
- Toast & Tea: There’s nothing quite as easy as a breakfast of toast & tea. Try your favourite toast with an apple butter or fruit spread, or add a poached egg for something truly hearty. And whether you drink tea, coffee or something even healthier in the morning, this is a pairing that won’t let you down!
What’s your favourite breakfast? We’d love to read about it in the comments below!