Our Favourite Tabbouleh Recipe
Tabbouleh is definitely our favourite summer salad. It’s simple, healthy, light but still satisfying, and bursting with fresh summer produce and zesty herbs. Some of our favourite things about tabbouleh are how quick it is to throw together and how well it keeps in the fridge. If you have time to cook some bulgur and chop your herbs and veggies, you’re well on your way to having a fresh, tasty summer salad that’s perfect for unexpected guests, easy dinners, and a crowd pleasing BBQ side.
Read on to learn how to make it!
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups bulgur, presoaked
- 3 cups parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 mint, fresh & chopped
- 3 scallions, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tomatoes, medium sized, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cucumbers, medium sized, sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce (optional)
- In a large bowl, gently mix together all the ingredients, except lemon juice and oil, with a wooden spoon.
- Add the lemon juice, toss and chill for 1 hour to blend the flavours.
- Serve alone or over shredded romaine lettuce.
*To pre-soak Bulgur: Place 1 cup Bulgur in bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over Bulgur and let stand for 1 hour. Yields 2 cups presoaked Bulgur.
Whole Grain Foods for Every Meal of the Day. Bob’s manufactures the widest variety of whole grains available anywhere–from amaranth to teff, along with cereals and flour made from each of them. They offer myriad hot cereal and oatmeal choices along with a well-balanced blend of gluten free and organic products.