Well.ca started in the closet of a pharmacy over 5 years ago, and has been growing exponentially ever since. We’ve had many headquarters, including a church basement, our founder’s house, and currently we’re in a lovely building connected to our Warehouse in Guelph Ontario. We also have a second office in downtown Toronto.
We are Canada’s online store for health, beauty and baby essentials. We carry more than 50,000 products from over 3000 brands—many of which are Canadian—with free shipping almost everywhere in Canada.
While we are not all lumberjacks, none of us live in igloos and not one person who works here has ever harvested an iceberg, we are proudly Canadian…and here’s how you can tell:
1. Right this second, each and every staff member has a loonie or a toonie in their pocket…or at least a piece of “Monopoly-coloured” money.
2. We basically support Tim Horton’s coffee shops near and far (in Guelph, in Toronto and everywhere in between).
3. We are extremely polite. We send little notes with every order shipped and we have the nicest staff in the world. Seriously. Call our Customer Care team just to say hi. They’re awesome.
4. We love winter. And hockey. And skating. And driving to Guelph from Toronto for fun in the middle of a snowstorm in January. For our CEO’s baby shower. ‘Cause we love her (see how nice we are?).
5. We take a cue from our French neighbours to the east (Quebec) and have wine and cheese on a regular basis with our co-workers (also a sign of how nice and polite we are).
6. We all say “eh”. A lot. We do. Seriously, eh?
7. We LOVE maple syrup. We put it in our coffee (from Tim Hortons), we drizzle it on our strawberries (grown in Ontario) and we sometimes just lick it off a spoon. It’s ahh-maz-ing, eh?
8. It’s pronounced “zed”, not “zee” and you do not want to get into an argument with any of us about it (though since we are so nice, we might let you at least think you’re right).
9. In 2012 and 2013, we were awarded Canada Post eCommerce Innovation Awards (which you have to be Canadian to win!).
10. We have a pet goose. Her name is Celine Dijon and she lives in our office in Toronto, which is actually an igloo, where we sit around with Bob and Doug McKenzie and drink beer all day. (Uh. Yeaaah.)*
* Okay, so that last one isn’t true, but we couldn’t think of a tenth reason, other than that we are in Canada, we employ Canadians and we sell a lot of awesome Canadian products… and we are super duper proud of those facts. Now, go check out our top Canadian brands!