Rustic Breakfast Frittata | Healthy Saturday Brunch Series – Week 3/4
This is the 3rd post in my 4-part healthy brunch series. Check out week 1’s Banana Blueberry Pancakes here, last week’s Berry Smoothie Bowl here, and stay tuned for the last new recipe next Saturday! Happy brunching!
Rustic Breakfast Frittata
If you prefer something savoury for breakfast or brunch, then get ready for this easy-as-ever frittata. What I love most about this recipe is that it all can be done in one pan, making clean-up a cinch. AND you can make it different every time depending on what seasonal produce is available. My one recommendation and request is to keep it colourful!
Serves 2-4 | Prep time: 10 min | Ready in 10 min | Stores for 2 days in fridge
What’s In It?
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 small sweet potato cut into wedges and roasted (this can be done ahead of time or from leftovers)
- 1 small onion cut into slices
- 1 head of broccoli cut into small florets
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
How It’s Made!
- Get yourself a wide skillet or frying pan that has a lip or sides and preferably a lid (if not just use one from another pot)
- Add avocado oil to your pan and warm up on low to medium heat
- Add in onions and broccoli and close with a lid and cook until translucent or slightly browned.
- Crack your eggs in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place sweet potato wedges in pan with broccoli and onion and pour in the egg batter
- Place lid over pan and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat until the edges brown and the eggs solidify
- Top with shredded spinach in the last few minutes to allow it to wilt and cook down. Remove pan from heat and layer on avocado slices, cut into pizza slices and serve
Simply said, Marni Wasserman’s life is rooted in healthy living. She is not only a nutritionist and chef, but also the co-host of The Ultimate Health Podcast and author of Fermenting for Dummies and Plant-Based Diet For Dummies. Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic real food diet and a balanced wholesome lifestyle through simple strategies. Learn more at https://marniwasserman.com
Subscribe to her weekly show the @ultimatehealthpodcast. This is where Marni and Dr. Jesse do weekly shows with guest experts from all over the world. Their mission is to take your health to the next level. Listen today at http://ultimatehealthpodcast.com