The slow transition to Spring has us craving a glass of something a little more refreshing than our typical cozy beverages. And we are focusing on a few alternatives to our tried and true recipes to pack in some great health benefits without compromising on delicious flavour!
Five Steps to a Perfect Iced Coffee
- Ground and brew your favourite roast the night before, so that it cools overnight. You can also pop it in the fridge if you are in a rush! We always brew a strong coffee because we love it extra icy and do not want to water it down. Our favourite is Balzac’s Blend.
- The following morning, fill your container of choice with ice and pour your cooled coffee over. We like to use a bright tumblr that reminds us of summer and keeps our drink cool for longer. Nothing says summer quite like this bright pink from Corkcicle.
- Now, add in your favourite milk, we’re loving oat milk as a super-smooth and blendable alternative to dairy milk. Elmhurst has an unsweetened oat milk with only three simple ingredients.
- If you have a sweet tooth like us, drizzle some sweetener to your liking, agave is great because of all its great health benefits. It’s low on the glycemic index, and has both Vitamin B6 and Vitamin K. This Organic Raw Blue Agave Syrup by Wholesome is a true multi-tasker.
- Pop in a straw, give it a good stir, and enjoy! These colourful straws protect your teeth against both coffee stains and the cold ice while keeping the planet clean.
Coffee That Works Hard
When we’re feeling like we need a bit of a protein kick, we substitute the brewed coffee for cold brew protein to get us through the day. This Cold Brew Protein Coffee by Burst has 20 grams of grass-fed protein.
We also love this sneaky way to add protein to any drink with this vanilla collagen creamer by Vital Proteins, which adds a deliciously smooth taste to your favourite morning caffeine fix!
Go Java Free
Want to skip the coffee altogether? Another great way to get your caffeine fix in your iced beverage is with matcha instead! We’re loving these Cold-Brew Matcha Sachets by Matcha Ninja because they are highly soluble in both hot and cold water, no whisk needed! Simply add one sachet to your cold water, top off with your ice, sweetener, and milk of choice, and enjoy!
The Quick Fix
If we forget to brew the fresh coffee the night before, we reach for a ready to go canned frothed latte by Two Bears. Ready to drink with oat milk right in it all you need to add is some ice – or take it to go as is!
Did we miss any of your favourite iced coffee add-ins? Let us know how you are refreshing your iced coffee recipe in the comments below!