Lunch & Dinner
Foodie Friday: Rainforest Coconut Curry Recipe
7 years ago Posted at 15:17h 0 Comments
This Rainforest Coconut Curry recipe is a delicious (and surprisingly easy) dinner option that the whole family will love.
Rainforest Coconut Curry Recipe by Nuts to You
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast (or extra firm tofu) cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks, 1 inch piece
- 5-6 whole black peppercorns
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, canned (or 2 medium ripe tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1/4 cup Nuts to You Rainforest Nut Butter with Coconut
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped, to garnish
- In a food processor, puree onion, tomatoes, curry masala, and salt into a fine paste
- In a large pot, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add cinnamon sticks and peppercorns. Gently sauté for 1 minute. Add bay leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion-tomato puree. Stir until reduced to a thick paste. This will take 10-15 minutes. Take care not to burn.
- Add chicken or tofu, coat well with paste. Sear in pot until cooked through.
- Stir in coconut milk. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 10 minutes. If sauce gets too thick, add water to thin.
- Gently fold in Nuts to You Rainforest Nut Butter with Coconut. Simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.