Homemade Edamame Dip
Edamame, also known as soy beans, are a great source of protein. This recipe pairs well with all sorts of chips: from sweet potato to plantain, kale and of course good old potato chips. It also adds some fibre to a starchy snack!
- 1 cup frozen edamame, shelled
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp San-J Gluten Free Reduced Sodium Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Simply Organic Ground Ginger Root
- 1 tbsp Eden Organic Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Nuts to You Organic Fair Trade Sesame Tahini
- 1/8 tsp Rootalive Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Altura Pink Table Salt
- Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper to taste
Cook frozen edamame according to packet directions. When cooked, place edamame along with other ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth. Cool in refrigeration for one hour, then enjoy with your favourite chip or save for school snacks!