Back to School, Feeding & Meals, Snacks & Desserts
Healthy Snacks For Adults & Kids
If you need help coming up with snack ideas for kids’ lunches, day trips, or for your work day, worry no longer. We’ve got you covered with some easy (and healthy!) snacks for every palate.
For the breakfast lover:
- Combine Dorset Simply Delicious Muesli with The Bridge BIO AvenaDrink Oat Milk. Top with your favourite seasonal orchard fruit.
- Add berries of any kind to a small bowl of cottage cheese. Sprinkle Chosen Foods Chia Seeds over the dish.
- Protein smoothies; see recipes here.
- Prepare Bob’s Red Mill 10-Grain Pancake and Waffle Mix according to packet directions. Cook in waffle maker, cool, and cut into strips for easy snacking. Combine with pear slices and Nuts to You Organic Pumpkin Seed Butter for a flavour boost!
For a sweet tooth:
- Top plain, air-popped Inari Organic Yellow Popcorn with melted Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter Chocolate. For an infused coconut flavour, go old school with a deep pot over the stove. Add oil and popcorn to the pot, cooked until most kernels have popped.
- For a trending snack, cut 1/4 inch thick slices from a sweet potato and cook them in your toaster as if they were bread. Toast twice on high until slightly browned, and then smear with Nuts to You Almond Hazelnut Fruit & Nut Butter. Add ripe banana slices and Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon on top.
- Combine Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Mini Chocolate Chips, Dandies Vegan Air-Puffed Mini Marshmallows and Nature’s Path Organic Whole O’s Cereal for a healthy twist on a classic kids’ fave ‘trail mix’.
- Kewaza Energy Balls go great with one of our DIY iced teas. Find our iced tea how-to here.
- Spinkle PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter over greek yogurt. Add fruit slices and Honey Bunny Liquid Clover Honey to taste.
For the savoury craver:
- Prepare Bob’s Red Mill 10-Grain Bread Mix according to packet directions by hand or with a bread maker. Toast, and add ripe avocado slices, cream cheese and any other toppings of your choice.
- Combine Skinny Pop Popcorn and Central Roast Raw Natural Almonds. Add Simply Organic Garlic Powder or lemon pepper to taste.
- Dip Mary’s Organic Herb Crackers into our Easiest Ever Guacamole. Find the recipe here.
- Try one of our three varieties of homemade hummus with carrots sticks or cucumber slices
- Make a simple vegan chip dip out of 1 packet of Simply Organic Creamy Dill Dip Mix and 2 cups of Spectrum Vegan Eggless Canola Mayonnaise Type Spread. Try it with Kaley’s Kale Chips in Sea Salt flavour.
- Terra Krinkle Cut Sweets & Beets Chips pair wonderfully with our homemade edamame dip.
These are just some healthy snack ideas. For more easy and healthy snacks, check out our top snack pairing infographic!
TiffanyPosted at 09:57h, 28 July
So I’ve been looking for vegan & gluten free gummies for my kids. I found this brand and was wondering if anyone has tried them out?