Make tonight a pizza night! Start with this easy gluten free pizza crust recipe from our friends at Bob’s Red Mill, and just add your toppings and you’ve got everything you need to make your family’s favourite pizza at home.
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup water (warm)
- 1 egg*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
*Eggless option: Combine 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water. Let stand for 5 minutes, then use in place of egg.
- Preheat an oven to 425°F and grease a 10- to 16-inch pizza sheet.
- Combine yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Add egg and oil to wet ingredients, then add dry ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer for a minute, adding a teaspoon of water if dough moves up beaters.
- Scoop onto greased pizza sheet. Wet your hands with water and spread dough over sheet and smooth. For a thicker crust, let rise for 10 – 15 minutes. Otherwise, continue with the baking directions below.
- Cover with favorite sauce and toppings. Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes.
What are your favourite pizza toppings? Tell us in the comments!