Recently, I made the switch to natural makeup! I know that it can be a tough switch, so I wanted to share some of the products that are my absolute faves:
- Andalou Naturals All-in-One Brightening Sheer Tint Beauty Balm: For days when I want lighter coverage, this beauty balm is my go-to. It contains sunscreen for everyday use, and it smells so good!
- Dr. Hauschka Foundation: When I want a foundation, I find that this one is great. It balances moisture in my skin and evens out my complexion.
- Mineral Fusion Concealer Duo: This creamy concealer has two colours, so that it can be customized for your skin tone. It has great coverage and can also be used as a highlighting and contouring duo.
- Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation: For setting my makeup, I like this pressed powder. It helps minimize fine lines and pores so that my makeup has a flawless finish.
Get that Glow:
- Mineral Fusion Blush: This blush is so light on the skin, it doesn’t feel like it’s weighing you down with more layers of makeup. I love that it gives such natural colour to the cheeks that’s really pretty.
- Pacifica Radiant Shimmer Highlighting Creams for Eyes, Lips, Face: This product is so versatile! You can use it to add a little glow to eye or lip looks, but it also adds subtle highlights that match any skin tone. And for special occasions, I can easily build up the strobing effect.
- Pure Anada Mascara: This is a big favourite on Well.ca — it’s been raved about by our customers so many times and I couldn’t agree more! It’s a natural mascara that performs better than most conventional mascaras. If you’re looking for a natural look that won’t irritate your eyes, this is your new must have.
- Pure Anada Duo Eye Brush: This handy brush comes from the same Canadian company, and it’s small and convenient enough to toss into any makeup bag. The two sides of the brush make it easy to create eye looks for day or evening — love that!
- Saint Cosmetics Eyeshadow: This brand is still pretty new, but I love the performance of their products. These shadows are organic, but they wear so well! And the colours are great for building up your collection if you’re new to natural makeup — perfect for neutral eye looks!
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shine: For a wash of shine and colour, these glosses live in my makeup bag. They’re hydrating and nourishing and go great over lip colours or on their own.
- DaLish Lipstick Matte Collection: These are great lipsticks that can be worn by themselves for a matte finish or with the Burt’s Bees Lip Shine for a glossy finish. I find this lipstick wears well and is easy to apply!
Now that you’ve found out my favourites, I want to know what are your natural makeup must-haves? Leave all your fave products and suggestions in the comments!
Erin Young is a mom to three young kids, and she’s also Well.ca’s superstar CMO! She loves running, travelling, and cooking.