Mother’s Day Brunch Made Easy – Try This Delicious Baked Oatmeal
You can make this simple brunch recipe for yourself on Mother’s Day morning, and be the best mom ever. Or you can prep it the night before* and have someone else pop it in the oven (while you lounge in bed, reading), and still be the best mom ever. Or you can print this recipe and leave it out for your significant other…or email it to your kids and tell them if they love you they’ll make you breakfast (and, yes, you’ll still be the best mom ever). We’ve even made it super convenient — you can order almost every ingredient from us and have it delivered!
Fruit and Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted + 1 tablespoon for pan
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 1/4″ slices
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with parchment and brush with melted coconut oil and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the walnuts, half the raspberries and half the chocolate. Add to the already prepped pan. Arrange the remaining raspberries, walnuts and chocolate on top of the oats. Then, add the banana slices on top.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the honey, maple syrup, almond milk, egg, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the oat and fruit mixture. Knock the pan on the counter a few times to help the liquid go through the oats.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the liquid has set. As soon as you pull it out of the oven, drizzle with a tiny bit of honey or maple syrup. Serve warm.
Happy Mother’s Day!