Want to wow your friends and family at your annual Easter festivities this year? This Gluten Free Easter Bunny Cake is a show-stopping Easter dessert that will definitely impress your guests!
- 19 oz package Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract (optional)
- 6-3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-1/4 cups Butter soft
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 4 – 6 tbsp Milk or Cream, if needed
- 3 – 4 cups Shredded Coconut
Makes 2 bunny cakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans and line bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 30 seconds on medium-low speed. Add mix, oil, water, and extracts and beat for 1 minute on medium-low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans and smooth tops with a spatula. Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Let cool in pans for 15 minutes then unmold onto separate plates or cake rounds to cool completely before frosting.
- Combine powdered sugar and soft butter and mix on low for 1 minute to combine.
- Increase speed to medium and mix until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add extracts and milk or cream (if needed to adjust consistency) and mix until combined, about 1 minute more.
- Remove parchment paper from cakes and, if desired, divide each cake into two layers to assemble a four layer cake.
- Place one layer on a cake turntable or serving platter and add an even layer of frosting. Continue until all layers have been added, then frost exterior and decorate cake as desired.
- Set aside frosting and shredded coconut until ready to assemble cake.
1. Divide cake in half down the centre.
2. Spread a generous layer of frosting on one half of the cake
3. Flip the unfrosted half over onto the frosted half so the halves line-up evenly.
4. Cut out a small (about 1-inch) notch about 1/3 of the way up one end of the body and about 1/3 of the way into the cake towards the centre.
5. Flip the removed notch over and attach to the opposite end of the cake with outer crusts touching to create a tail.
6. Frost entire cake, adding extra frosting to the sides of the bunny “body” to create a rounded shape.
7. Sprinkle Bob’s Red Mill Shredded Coconut over the cake, pressing in lightly to secure.
8. Add paper ears and a tiny pink nose, if desired.