This whipped body butter recipe is made from ultra-moisturizing natural oils, and smells like Mint Chocolate. It makes a great DIY gift idea, but only if you’re willing to part with it. Watch the video to learn it in 60 seconds!
How to Make Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter:
- An Electric Mixer (both Stand Mixers and Hand Mixers will work, but a blender will not)
- Medium Glass Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Stovetop (or Microwave)
- 4 oz Resealable Jars
- Shea Butter – 3 tbsp
- Cocoa Butter – 2 tbsp
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
- Almond Oil – 2 tbsp
- Jojoba Oil – 1 tbsp
- Tapioca Starch – 1/2 tbsp
- Vitamin E Oil – 1/4 tsp
- Peppermint Essential Oil – 3 to 4 drops
- Melt the butters (Shea & Cocoa) and the oils (Coconut, Almond & Jojoba) together in the glass bowl in simmering water, or in a double boiler.
- Remove the bowl and chill in the fridge until it’s opaque, about 30 minutes. It should look relatively solid when you take it out.
- Add the Tapioca Starch, Vitamin E Oil, and 3-4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Whip until the mixture gets fluffy, this takes about 4 minutes.
- Add your whipped body butter to resealable containers or small glass mason jars.
- Label your creation, and gift to a friend – or keep for yourself!
For more body butter inspiration, check out this blog for a Spiced Chocolate Body Butter recipe.