DIY Lip Balm
There are tons of amazing organic lip balms on the market today. However, if you’re looking for organic lip tints or specialized lipstick colours, the search can leave you a little frustrated. A great way to get custom colours that are also environmentally friendly? Make your own with this easy DIY lip balm recipe!
- Penny Lane Organics Lip Balm Making Kit
- Loose mineral eyeshadow or blush from Pure Anada
- Lip brush
Directions for a single application of lipstick:
- Transfer some of the Penny Lane lip balm base to a small bowl.
- Add either some loose blush for a conventional colour or eyeshadow for something a little more wild. You can add as little or as much as you want in order to achieve your preferred level of pigmentation.
- Mix the two together.
- Apply with a lip brush.
Directions for a batch of lip tints:
- Transfer Penny Lane Lip Balm base to a microwavable bowl or dish.
- Melt in the microwave at low heat.
- Prepare the lip balm tubes and filling tray according to Penny Lane Kit instructions.
- Add blush or eyeshadow to melted base, and mix. This is when you can add some of the lemon essential oil (10-15 drops) or just leave it unscented!
- Pour slowly over filling tray.
- Let it cool until lip tints are solid.
- Detach the balms from the filling tray and put the caps on them!
That’s it! You can experiment with different shades and combinations to create a lip colour that suits you perfectly!
I had sensitive skin and a sensitive soul, and I’m always looking to beautify my life through makeup, fashion, and holistic health. I’m a writer by birthright who loves speculative fiction and inspiring people through words. I’m also really silly, irreverent, and fun-loving.