There are tons of amazing organic lip balms on the market today. However, if you’re looking for organic lip tints or specialized lipstick colours, the search can leave you a little frustrated. A great way to get custom colours that are also environmentally friendly? Make your own with this easy DIY lip balm recipe!
Directions for a single application of lipstick:
- Transfer some of the Penny Lane lip balm base to a small bowl.
- Add either some loose blush for a conventional colour or eyeshadow for something a little more wild. You can add as little or as much as you want in order to achieve your preferred level of pigmentation.
- Mix the two together.
- Apply with a lip brush.
Directions for a batch of lip tints:
- Transfer Penny Lane Lip Balm base to a microwavable bowl or dish.
- Melt in the microwave at low heat.
- Prepare the lip balm tubes and filling tray according to Penny Lane Kit instructions.
- Add blush or eyeshadow to melted base, and mix. This is when you can add some of the lemon essential oil (10-15 drops) or just leave it unscented!
- Pour slowly over filling tray.
- Let it cool until lip tints are solid.
- Detach the balms from the filling tray and put the caps on them!
That’s it! You can experiment with different shades and combinations to create a lip colour that suits you perfectly!
I had sensitive skin and a sensitive soul, and I’m always looking to beautify my life through makeup, fashion, and holistic health. I’m a writer by birthright who loves speculative fiction and inspiring people through words. I’m also really silly, irreverent, and fun-loving.