When should your child’s car seat turn from rear-facing to forward-facing? Sarah Tilton, Britax’s Car Safety Advocate weighs in.
Guidelines for Transitioning from Rear-Facing to Forward-Facing Car Seats
- Rear facing as long as possible is best practice
- Forward facing anchor can be found in different locations. Check your vehicle owner’s manual!
- Keep your kids in a 5 point harness for as long as possible
General Guidelines for Car Seat Safety
- Never use a car seat if it is expired, been involved in a crash or you don’t know its history. For more information visit this website.
- Visit this website for more information regarding flying with your children.
- It is illegal to import, sell, or use child car seats and booster seats in Canada that do not have the National Safety Mark (Canadian maple leaf).
- Where can I get help installing my car seat?
Car Seats Featured in this Video
Britax is a leading manufacturer of premium car seats, strollers and accessories. Britax intuitively designs, tests and builds all of its birth through harness-to-booster line of car seats in the U.S.A. using U.S. and global components.