Buttery Jam Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
These soft, buttery, bite-sized treats are perfect for holiday entertaining! Make sure to top them off with a dollop of your favourite flavour of Crofter’s Organic Fruit Spread. Read on for the recipe.
Buttery Jam Thumbprint Cookies
Adapted from Crofter’s
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Crofter’s Organic Apricot Premium Spread or flavor of choice
- Melt butter without browning. Let it cool down until it almost starts setting again.
- Whip in sugar and the 3 egg yolks and beat until mixture is becoming white and forming peaks. Then knead in the flour by hand until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll dough into little balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put a whole in the middle of each ball. The end of a wooden spoon works well.
- Bake at 350 degrees until slightly golden.
- Fill each cookie hole with Crofter’s Organic Apricot Premium Spread (or flavor of choice). For easy application use a decorating bag, or dessert decorator.
What’s your favourite holiday treat to bake? Tell us in the comments!