Our CMO’s Baby Shower Gift Ideas
A few years ago, one of my dearest friends Erin (yes, it is very confusing to all that we have the same name), met and fell in love with a tall, handsome, funny and kind Prince Charming. This ‘Prince’ happened to be from Switzerland and was in Canada on a work exchange. When he returned to Switzerland, Erin accompanied him and soon they were married. Fast forward a few years and now they are expecting their first child! When they were in Toronto in December, my girlfriends decided to throw Erin a low key baby shower at one of our favourite brunch spots since this was likely going to be our only chance to celebrate with her before the baby arrives later this year.
We showered the baby in ‘Canadiana’ with some adorable gear from the Bay and Roots and got the mom-to-be many of our own must-haves that she might not be able to find in Switzerland. Erin had also sent me her wants vs. needs wish list/questions about baby products, so I knew some of the things that she had her eye on.
Here are some of the gifts we gave her:
- 3 Sprouts Hooded Towels – These towels are absolutely adorable. A good friend gave my daughter the elephant when she was born and we love it. This is a great Canadian Brand.
- HoMedics Sound Spa – This is consistently a top selling product at Well.ca. It is a small sound machine with six different sounds to help baby sleep. This has helped many of my girlfriends get a decent night’s sleep when they have a wee one.
- Skip Hop Chelsea Downtown Chic Diaper Satchel – This functional, yet stylish diaper bag was even given the thumbs up by Erin’s husband. It boasts insulated pockets, several zippered compartments and can expand and collapse as needed.
- Dimpleskins Bum Balm – This Zinc-free diaper cream is made from bees-wax and coconut oil and is a top pick with new moms.
- Skip Hop Pronto Change Station – This is a “must have” in my mind. It fits neatly into a medium-sized purse for those times that you don’t feel like bringing your diaper bag with you and can be easily used to change the baby anywhere in the house or on-the-go.
- aden + anais Classic Swaddling Wraps – These are amazing blankets. They are perfect for swaddling a new born, for loosely covering a stroller or car seat while baby sleeps or as a lightweight blanket for an older child. Prince George left the hospital wrapped in one, so if they are good enough for a future king…
- Oli and Carol Elvis the Duck Yellow – This is a classic. Can’t go wrong! It also comes in some fun prints and colours if you want to spruce it up a bit.
- Sophie the Giraffe – A must have for any baby. We have gone through several in our family since a lost Sophie must be replaced immediately.
Erin Young is a mom to three young kids, and she’s also Well.ca’s superstar CMO! She loves running, travelling, and cooking.
Leave a Reply