These mildly sweet, grain-free muffins are perfect for your gluten free or low-carb diet. The texture of almond meal give these muffins a hearty bite that pairs well with the fruity burst of dried apricots. They make a great on-the-go snack and can easily be dressed up for a dessert occasion. For a change of pace, use our new natural almond meal or try our hazelnut meal for a different flavor combination altogether. We just can’t stop eating these muffins and we fear that you’ll have the same problem at home (so you better hide one for later before your family finds out).
Apricot Almond Muffins
Contributed by: Sarah House for Bob’s Red Mill Test Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 18 – 20 minutes | Yield: 12 servings
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal (442g)
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking Soda (7.5g)
- ¼ tsp Salt (1g)
- 2/3 cup diced, dried Apricots (90g)
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest, from about 1 large orange (8g)
- 5 Eggs (250g)
- 1/3 cup melted Coconut Oil or Butter (80 mL)
- 1/3 cup Honey or Maple Syrup (80 mL)
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners and spray with pan spray.
- Combine the Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal, baking soda, salt, diced apricots and orange zest.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, honey and almond extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Portion batter into prepared muffin tin and bake until golden and the tops spring back when lightly touched, about 18 – 20 minutes.
Whole Grain Foods for Every Meal of the Day. Bob’s manufactures the widest variety of whole grains available anywhere–from amaranth to teff, along with cereals and flour made from each of them. They offer myriad hot cereal and oatmeal choices along with a well-balanced blend of gluten free and organic products.