Frankincense oil has been beloved and widely used for centuries, especially in the Middle East and Africa. Here are 5 reasons to add a bottle to your next Well.ca order:
- Frankincense is widely used in aromatherapy for its grounding and relaxing properties, so it’s a great way to deal with stress and anxiety naturally. If you’re having a particularly stressful day, try diffusing a few drops in your favourite aromatherapy diffuser for instant stress relief.
- Frankincense oil is one of the hottest essential oils around right now because of its amazing skin boosting properties! It helps to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, and dark spots, and also improves skin tone, elasticity, and promote a youthful appearance. Mix a few drops into your favourite moisturizer or serum before applying to try it for yourself.
- It smells amazing. Frankincense oil has a gorgeous woody, earthy, spicy scent that’s perfect blended with citrus oils like lemon or orange in your diffuser to make your home smell warm, cozy, and welcoming.
- It’s a natural anti-inflammatory. If you struggle with joint pain or arthritis, try blending frankincense oil with a carrier oil like jojoba, grapeseed, or sweet almond oil (or buy a pre-blended frankincense oil like this one) and massaging it into your joints. You can also use the same mixture massaged into your abdomen to soothe menstrual cramps during your period.
- It can help you breathe better. If you’re recovering from a cold or flu, try adding some frankincense oil to a bowl of hot water and inhaling the steam with a towel draped over your head to help break up phlegm and help you breathe easier.