5 Natural DIY Bath Recipes to Warm You on Chilly Nights
With winter just around the corner, you might be thinking not only of ways to warm up from the chill, but also of unique and creative gifts for the holiday season. These five DIY bath recipes make excellent natural, homemade gifts but can also be added to your bath to help you unwind at the end of a frigid day:
1. Cold Season Bath
- 1 cup Rougier Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 5 drops NOW Essential Oils Peppermint Oil
- 10 drops NOW Essential Oils Eucalyptus Oil
Mix the epsom salts and baking soda, then add the essential oils. Mix together and store in a resealable jar, such as Aura Cacia’s Amber Glass Jars. When you’re ready to use, run a steamy bath and put a couple scoops of the white mixture into the water.
2. Detoxifying Green Tea & Lavender Bath Bombs
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Rougier Citric Acid
- 1/4 cup Rougier Epsom Salts
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Touch Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 2 tbsp NOW Solutions Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp NOW Essential Oils Lavender Essential Oil
Mix the citric acid, epsom salts, corn starch and green tea powder together. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Fill each liner with equal amounts of the mix, pack down with spoon. Put the bombs aside to dry overnight. Once firm, you can pop one out of its liner and into a warm bath.
3. Refreshing Citrus Bath Salts
- 1 cup Rougier Epsom Salts
- 2 to 3 drops Aromaforce Mandarin Orange Essential Oil
- 2 to 3 drops NOW Essential Oils Lemon Oil
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
Mix ingredients together well. Store in an airtight container such as Penny Lane Organics Double Wall Jars. When ready to use, add one or two spoons to your bath.
4. Soothing Natural Bubble Bath
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup Dr. Bronner’s Organic Pure Castile Liquid Soap – Any scent
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4-5 drops of your choice of essential oil
Mix water with castile soap and coconut oil. Add essential oil of choice. Mix well and store in a bottle such as Penny Lane Organics Shampoo or Lotion bottle. When ready to use, add 1/4 cup to running bath.
5. Peppermint Holiday Bath Bombs
Mix Epsom salts with water and essential oil. Pack mixture tightly into a paper-lined muffin tin. You will end up with 12 bath bombs. Set them aside overnight. Once firm, wrap them up as gifts or keep them for your own baths!
I had sensitive skin and a sensitive soul, and I’m always looking to beautify my life through makeup, fashion, and holistic health. I’m a writer by birthright who loves speculative fiction and inspiring people through words. I’m also really silly, irreverent, and fun-loving.