3 Sappy Mocktails for Dry October
Dry October is an excellent opportunity to feel the benefits of life without booze. Sleep, weight loss, and a stronger immune system are some of the many perks. Who knows—you may even like the way you’re feeling so much that you moderate your alcohol intake year-round.
Mocktails are having a moment because of this. So, if you feel like sipping on something delicious, we got just the drink for you.
Enter Sapsucker—Organic Sparkling Tree Water with no added sugar. Yes, water can come from trees, and it’s delicious! Lightly carbonated with a ‘subtle bubble,’ Sapsucker is naturally hydrating and sustainably harvested from Canadian maple trees. Unlike water from other sources, tree water is naturally sweet and supports immune health with 46 nutrients, minerals, and electrolytes.
The magic behind Sapsucker is simple: it’s clean, crisp, and refreshing. Go sans-booze with Sapsucker on its own or lean on the extra side and use Sapsucker as your mix in these three mocktails for Dry October.
THE LEMON LYCHEE SMASH
The Lemon Lychee will be your new obsession.
Sapsucker, The Lemon One (4 cans)
- Fresh Lemon Juice (2 oz.)
- Raspberries (Handful)
- Lychee (Handful)
RECIPE (serves 4):
- Gently muddle a handful of fresh raspberries and add in your lychee berries. Repeat.
- Fill the glasses with ice. Top with the muddled lychee raspberry mixture.
- Add in the fresh lemon juice, and top it all off with The Lemon One.
- Stir well. Enjoy!
The Chiller is a drink you won’t want to put down, so you better bust out a pitcher.
- Sapsucker, The Lime One (4 cans)
- Fresh Lime Juice (2 oz.)
- Sliced Cucumber (garnish)
RECIPE (Serves 4):
- Fill the pitcher one third full with ice, layer on sliced cucumbers, and top with the freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Top with The Lime One. Stir well.
- Seriously, that’s it!
THE SWEET SAP
This end-of-the-week treat balances sweet and savoury with every sip.
- Sapsucker, The Lemon One (4 oz.)
- Lemon Juice (½ oz.)
- Honey (¼ oz.)
- Sage Leaves (garnish)
RECIPE (Serves 1)
- Pour honey over ice.
- Pour The Lemon One and fresh lemon juice in a glass over ice.
- Stir all together.
- Garnish with fresh sage. Enjoy!
You can order all 5 flavours of Sapsucker in singles and bundles on well.ca.
Make any of these creations? Be sure to let us know in the comments or snap it and tag @sipsapsucker and #drinktree.
Sapsucker is a tree water company reimagining the sparkling beverage space. The line-up – The Original One, The Lemon One, and The Lime One – boasts naturally-sourced, plant-based products. Eco-champion alert: harvested from Canadian maple trees, Sapsucker aims to support farmers and sustainable forest management. For the health-minded: Sapsucker is packed with minerals, antioxidants, prebiotics and vitamins including calcium, potassium and zinc. Containing only 7 grams of naturally occurring sugar – half the amount of coconut water! – it quenches your thirst with its crisp, unexpected refreshment.