As we’re spending more time at home these days, there’s no better time to show yourself some love! Here’s our list of 20 beauty treatments to try while at home.
- Hydrate your Hair with A Hair Mask: After shampooing, apply a nourishing hair mask that will leave your hair feeling super healthy and hydrated.
- Do an At-Home Facial Peel to Reveal Glowing Skin: Facial peels leave your skin feeling smoother and softer. Choose one with AHAs and BHAs and use 2-3 times per week to gently slough off dead skin cells.
- Try a New Skincare Tool: Facial rollers, gua shas, and ice rollers – oh my! Take this time at home to try out something new and find what works for your skin.
- Make a DIY Lip Scrub: Check out this recipe for an easy DIY Cinnamon Sugar Lip Scrub, that will leave your lips feeling supple and smooth.
- Give Yourself a Glow with Sunless Tanner: Be sure to shave and exfoliate before self-tanning for the best, longer-lasting results. If it’s your first time self-tanning, check out our How-To video!
- Indulge with an At-Home Manicure: Test your steady hands and pamper yourself with a salon-worthy manicure. If you’re looking for something extra special, try adding some funky nail art on top of your base colour.
- Treat Yourself to a Pedicure: Soak your feet and remove any dead skin to ensure you’re left with smooth feet. Then, file and shape your nails. Finally, apply a base coat to your nails, and finish with a polish colour that you love!
- Add Shine with a Hair Gloss: Whether you’re looking to tide yourself over until your next colouring appointment or you just want to add a little shine to your hair, the Kristin Ess Hair Glosses are a perfect at-home treat.
- Make a DIY Superfood Face Mask: Packed with superfoods, these easy DIY masks will boost your skin naturally!
- Try A Funky Temporary Hair Colour: The Tints of Nature line of Bold Hair Colours are semi-permanent, which means they only last between 20-30 washes. Try a fun, vibrant colour without the long-term commitment!
- Dry-Brush Before a Shower: Before your next shower, work your way up your body with a dry brush, starting with your feet and legs. Dry-brushing helps to encourage circulation and blood flow.
- Exfoliate Your Whole Body: Take a few extra minutes in the shower once or twice a week to exfoliate all over. Pick a gritty product that’ll help buff away dead skin, preventing clogged pores. Be sure to moisturize after with a body butter for extra-soft, smooth skin!
- Make the Switch to Natural Deodorant: Now is the perfect time to make the switch to natural deodorant, because your body has time to detox from conventional ones.
- Take Hot Bath with your Favourite Bath Bomb: Take some time to relax and destress in a hot bath with your fave bath bomb or bath soak. Light a candle and turn your bathroom into an at-home sanctuary!
- Whiten Your Teeth: For a natural alternative to traditional at-home whitening kits, try an activated charcoal product to achieve a whiter and brighter-looking smile.
- Try a New Sheet Mask: Sheet masks are awesome for hydrating your skin on #SelfCareSunday. Put one on, turn on your favourite movie, and relax while the mask does its thing!
- Shape your Brows: Use an at-home waxing kit or tweezers to clean up and shape your eyebrows.
- Play with Your Makeup: Take some extra time to experiment with your makeup in the morning and switch up your go-to routine! Perfect your smoky eye or try a new bold eyeliner or lipstick colour.
- Experiment with a New Skincare Product: Incorporate a new product into your beauty routine and see how your skin reacts. If you like it, keep using it! Treat yourself to something extra decadent that you’ve been wanting to try.
- Practice with a New Hair Tool: There’s no better time than now to try a hair tool that’s always felt a little intimidating or time-consuming. Take some time to perfect your blow-out skills, practice beachy curls with a curling wand, or try out a new hairdo!
BONUS Reorganize Your Beauty Products & Clean your Makeup Brushes: Organizing your beauty products is the perfect productive activity for a Saturday afternoon. Toss any expired products, reorganize all the products you’re keeping in your collection, and take this opportunity to deep clean your brushes and tools.
What at-home beauty treatments have you tried recently? Let us know in the comments below!
Megan French is a Merchandising Associate at Well.ca. She loves staying active and is currently training for a half-marathon!