15 Dec Our Baby & Kids Buyers Predict the Hottest Trends for 2018
BY ANKE SIMPSON, DANIELLE PARTINGTON, EMMA UYS, & ANGELA McGREGOR | WELL.CA BUYING TEAM FOR BABY & KIDS
Read up on the biggest trends in other categories here!
2017 IN REVIEW: What was hot in Baby & Kids?
1) BEST BABY BOTTLE: Como Tomo
These bottles are both mom & baby approved! Babies love them because they feel like a mom. And moms love them because they allow them to seamlessly transition between breast and bottle feeding.
2) BEST DIAPER: Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation diapers are made with sensitive bottoms in mind – they are made without chlorine processing and there are no added lotions or fragrances, making them hypoallergenic and perfect for sensitive skin.
3) BEST BABY WIPES: Aleva Naturals
Aleva Natural wipes are specially formulated for baby’s sensitive skin. Bamboo contains a natural anti-bacterial agent, making them free of chlorine and bleach. They are extra strong, ultra soft and biodegradable making them the perfect eco-friendly wipe for baby’s sensitive skin.
4) BEST BABY ENTERTAINMENT: Skip Hop Explore & More Activity Centre
This modern activity center captivates baby from head to toe, from four months to toddler! Designed in collaboration with a pediatrician, this baby activity center supports a “whole body” approach to play and learning. Easy to assemble, with toys that can be positioned anywhere for baby, it features a 360-degree rotating seat that turns and stretches for bouncing.
5) BEST INFANT CAR SEAT: Nuna PIPA Infant Car Seat
The ultimate safe & stylish haven. PIPA flaunts a sleekly styled and revolutionary dream drape, which creates a shelter that harbors baby from the elements, adds side-impact security, and includes true lock installation and green-for-go safety indicators.
6) BEST DIAPER CREAM: Weleda Calendula Diaper Care
We turn to Weleda Diaper Care as a natural and effective bottom cream. Parents rave about how well this cream works both as a preventative measure as well as treatment. Zinc oxide protects and promotes healing, while calendula soothes the skin.
7) BEST NURSING BRA: Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra
Super soft and comfortable, the Buttercup Nursing Bra is the perfect wear-all-day nursing bra for pregnant and nursing moms. Modern, smooth, pretty and feminine.
8) BEST STROLLER: UppaBaby Vista Stroller Henry Blue Marl with Leather Accents
The Vista Stroller is a big hit with parents because of its top-notch functionality, sleek urban design and seating system options for a growing family.
9) BEST CARRIER: Ergobaby 4 Position 360 Baby Carrier with Air Mesh – Carbon Grey
The Four Position 360 Cool Air Carrier is the newest addition to the award-winning Ergobaby collection. Its breathable 3D Air Mesh lining keeps baby cool all-year round while its unique, structured bucket seat, padded shoulder straps and wide supportive waistband offer exceptional comfort and ergonomics in all carry positions, including a forward facing option.
10) BEST BABY SHAMPOO & BODY WASH: Original Sprout Hair & Body Babywash
Original Sprout Hair & Body Babywash is an extra moisturizing cleanser that gently washes away dryness, cradle cap, eczema, psoriasis, baby acne, heat rash, diaper rash & skin irritations. It also has a great scent, free from harmful chemicals.
COMING UP IN 2018: Top Trends in Baby & Kids
Many of these items are so new that they’re not yet listed on our site! We’ve provided photos and details below – for any that aren’t yet linked (and labeled “check back soon!”), keep checking back here as we’ll link to the Well.ca listings as they become available throughout the year.
2018 TREND #1: MODERN WHIMSY
Unicorns, clouds, stars, and lashes adorn everything from nursery decor to diaper bags. Dreamy! Some new favourites (coming soon!) are from:
- RoomMates Décor (check back soon!)
- Logan & Lenora (check back soon!)
2018 TREND #2: PASTELS
Fashion Forward baby brands are using a soft pastel colour palette of melon, blush, lemon, mint, robin’s egg blue, soft grey, and camel for their latest & greatest new product launch this year. Some favourites coming soon to Well.ca include:
- Béaba (check back soon!) is launching their popular Babycook in 4 new delicious colours with their Macaron Collection:
- Plan Toys (check back soon!) is launching their top-selling sustainable rubberwood baby toys in beautiful pastels:
- Bink Modern Safety (check back soon!) creates simple, effective safety products that integrate seamlessly into your home and lifestyle, including rubber edge & corner bumpers, safety plugs, and blind cord protectors:
- Lorena Canal (check back soon!) – this fabulous washable rug maker has now launched a new decor line featuring unique wall art and washable cushions:
2018 TREND #3: MOTHERING MADE EASY
Smart innovations to meet the needs of today’s moms:
- Medela Sonata Double Breast Pump: Medela’s newest breast pump is smart, quiet, and responsive. Smart Solution™ connects Sonata to the MyMedela® app, your breast milk feeding resource, for an instant connection to your personalized pumping dashboard.
- JuJuBe Be Supplied Breast Pump Bag & Accessories Pump Bag Pack: Organize and pump on the go discreetly!
- Béaba BabyMilk Bottle Warmer (check back soon!) is a patented ultra-quick steam heating system that heats bottles to the correct temperature in 2 minutes
TREND #4: INGENUITY ON-THE-GO
These clever products are sure to be a big hit with parents this year, and are coming soon to Well.ca!
- Veer, The All Terrain Cruiser (check back soon!): Have fun with the next generation cross-over that combines the best of premium strollers and the best of rugged wagons
- PopYum Bottles (check back soon!): PopYum is a better everyday baby bottle that makes feeding more natural and supports an active parenting lifestyle. No more having to hand mix formula in awkward spots, keep pre-mixed formula chilled or worry about leaky bottles. PopYum stores water and formula separately in the bottle until hunger calls. It’s also great for storing breast milk. With a single hand, simply pop (press buttons to release formula into water), shake a few times and yum! Prepare enough bottles for the entire day, around town, at daycare, and for travel.
- Moby Carrier (check back soon!): Quick, convenient and comfortable. The Moby Carrier combines elements of a Carrier into a Wrap. Available in beautiful new patterns.
TREND #5: SMALL & COMPACT (WITH LOTS OF STORAGE!)
We can’t wait for these items designed with a modern urban lifestyle in mind:
- Skip Hop Explore & More Jumpscape: When playtime is done this jumper easily folds flat for storage or transport.
- Uppababy MINU (check back soon!): New for Spring 2018! Designed for your daily adventures and exciting excursions, the MINU offers modern conveniences in a compact, lightweight stroller. Store essentials and extras in the roomy basket and recline the seat at naptime. The MINU has an easy one-handed fold, transforming the stroller into a petite . You can fit the MINU into small spaces thanks to its compact fold, or take it on the go with the convenient carry strap. Go where you want, how you want – there’s nothing extra holding you back.
- Noni Mini Crib (check back soon!): This amazing new crib is sturdy and comfortable for everyday use, and convenient for travel and stowaway. Packs flat for easy storage. No tools or hardware needed! Assembles in minutes. It also has 3 easy adjustable mattress positions.