06 Jan Banana Blueberry Pancakes | Healthy Saturday Brunch Series – Week 1/4
Marni Wasserman | Real Food & Real Life Nutritionist
This post kicks off my 4-part healthy brunch series – stay tuned for new recipe releases every Saturday for the month of January! Happy brunching!
Banana Blueberry Pancakes
If there is a breakfast to be loved, it is pancakes. I mean who doesn’t love a breakfast plate that is stacked with delicious soft, fluffy cakes that are healthy? Long gone are the Aunt Jemima days, now pancakes can be made wholesome, and even with gluten-free flours and other clean ingredients. The pancakes can be made any day, but they are especially tasty on a weekend morning topped with tons of fresh fruit, maple syrup, and almond butter!
Serves 4-6 (depending on how big they are) | Prep time: 10 min | Ready in 25 min | Stores for 1 day in fridge or 1 month in freezer
What’s In It?
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp coconut sugar
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 cups coconut milk
1-2 very ripe mashed bananas
1 cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
How It’s Made!
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and coconut sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apple cider vinegar and coconut milk. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Add banana.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat the batter only until blended.
- Add blueberries
- Using a 1-ounce ladle, pour batter on to the griddle. Cook the cakes until bubbles in the batter break on the surface; flip and cook until browned.
- Top with cashew yogurt or coconut yogurt or coconut butter, maple syrup, and fresh or frozen berries